Information we may hold about you
- Information you’ve provided to us
- Information about products and services you’ve ordered, enquired about or shown an interest
- Information provided by other companies who have obtained your permission through their own privacy policies to share information about you, including from specialist data companies
- Information about your interaction with our websites, mobile apps and other products and services, including adverts
- Information we collect using cookies stored on your device about your use of our websites and/or selected third party websites.
- Information we collect or remember using technologies similar to cookies, such as device identifiers on your mobile device.
- Your IP address, which is a number that identifies a specific network device on the internet which allows your device to communicate with websites and apps.
- Technical information from your device relating to the service you receive
- Information relating to the location of your device.
In line with industry best practice guidelines, we have a central database were we compile and hold all the information we have about our customers. In the industry this is often known as a “single customer view”.
How we may use your information
By using our websites, apps and other products and services, you agree that we may collect, hold, use or otherwise process your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with those products and services and developing our business which shall include (without limitation):
- Verifying your identity (for example when you return to our websites or mobile apps)
- Personalising the content and advertisements you see on our websites and apps
- Developing the design and style of the our products and services to make improvements
- Understanding more about you, such as your location and demographic information
- Informing you about the latest changes to our products and services
- Informing you of promotional offers that you might find interesting
- Dealing with, and responding to you about, a comment you have submitted for or on our message boards, blogs and other such user generated content facilities
- Enabling you to share our content with others e.g. using “Email a friend” and “Share this article”
- Customer services and support
- Informing you if you have been successful in any competitions or promotions
- Compiling customer reviews
- Conducting market research
- Carrying out statistical, technical and logistical analysis and strategic development
- According to your preferences, communicating (and personalising such communication) with you
- To send you periodic newsletters about your chosen services
- To send you direct marketing. This may include communications by post, telephone or email or SMS about us and our business partners’ products and services, events and special offers
- To provide you with location based services such as weather information based on your location and to provide advertising relevant to your location and previous locations
- To block disruptive use and to ensure the security of our products and services
- To ensure the integrity of votes, competitions and polls
- To comply with laws and other circumstances permitted under the Data Protection Act 1998 and other data protection laws.
How we may use your information in specific products or services
If you’ve registered on our websites or apps, you’ll receive personalised recommendations, newsletters and marketing. These are tailored to you based upon your registration details and other information you provide us, your browsing history interactions with our emails and information we receive from our trusted partners and specialist data companies to help us understand what you might be interested in.